1.29.2014

Wedding

My new sister-in-law's name is Emily. She and Jon have a wonderful story. They were close friends in London for a really long time, and then finally realized that they love each other and make a perfect couple. The wedding was beautiful. I'm so happy for my good-hearted little brother and that he was patient enough to wait for such a lovely lady to come into his life.



It was freeeezing waiting for them to come out of the temple.

I wish I had thought of the photos outside the temple--I might have dressed Reyna in something more appropriate. I was just trying to find something warm. 



Did I mention that my parents were able to take one week of leave from their mission in Frankfurt, Germany for the wedding? It was sooo good to see them. They are such a good example to me.

Afterwards, we gathered at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for the reception and more photos.

While they took the photo above, Reyna tried to wriggle out of Uncle Wade's arms, and wouldn't rest...


...until all was right with the world again.

 This should be in a magazine, don't you think?

Jon made this cake. It's over 4 feet tall. I don't know why he decided to do this to himself the day before his wedding, but anyway, he did a fabulous job. It turned out great! Perfect for the space.


Beautiful venue. 

Beautiful view.

Beautiful table decorations. Jon sewed these striped table runners. I ironed them.


Jon wrote a song for his new wife. I was embarrassingly emotional listening to not only the soul-softening music, but the heart-wrenching lyrics! Knowing my brother and how long he's waited and wondered if he would ever find a wife of his own just made this song so sweet to me. I was sobbing. Not just teary-eyed--completely sobbing, like couldn't keep myself from moaning. Embarrassing.

Poor Lani, who was sitting by me, had to witness it all. She's missed Reyna.

Fortunately, this number helped me snap out of it. My nieces and nephews performed Gangnam Style to open the dancing portion of the reception. I love these kids. I've missed them.


I love my sisters.

We sent off the happy couple by twirling around these ribbons from the JSMB mezzanine.






No comments: