1.20.2014

Thanksgiving

Man, I'm behind on blogging again! I need to catch up on some of the cool little experiences we've had recently that I want to remember.

The Fairbournes invited us over to their place for Thanksgiving dinner. When I woke up that morning, I was surprised that I felt really excited. I love Thanksgiving!

Natalie had worked hard all day long preparing a wonderful dinner with TWO turkeys! yummy stuffing, green beans, rolls, mashed potatoes, salad, and pies. She was so generous. 

Once again, I prepared sweet potatoes. It was a bit of a challenge to find the ingredients, and I had to use macadamia nuts in the topping instead of walnuts, but it turned out AWESOME! I think it tasted even better than the normal kind I make…more natural or something. 

Hunter kept making a big deal about how everyone else was making a big deal about my sweet potatoes. Everyone including the Kenyans loved them, which surprised me. I thought the Kenyans would think it was too sweet.

Anyway, after the dinner and some people went home, the only people left were the fellows from work. We were listening to some music, and then it just spontaneously became a fun dance party that lasted kind of late into the night. The kids were all dancing, everyone let loose and was able to dance as crazy/silly as they wanted. (this video is really short, but I thought it was funny. It might be embarrassing to Natalie, but I think she's making fun of "the shimmy" here.) It was hilarious! We had such a good time.


Good food. Good company. Good Thanksgiving to remember.


No comments: