1.22.2014

Christmas Morning

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!! Our Christmas in Africa did not disappoint. We had a wonderful morning.

We bought the kids pajamas to open on Christmas Eve. Here are the boys' pj t-shirts. I thought they were fitting for each child.


And may I ask, who on earth gets up on Christmas morning and naturally looks like she belongs on a cover of a magazine. Geez, Reyna. You're too gorgeous!


I keep wanting to upload some videos, but the files are too big, and I'm not sure if I'm using youtube right, so I simply have to wait for Hunter to find time to help me. Sorry, dudes! We've got some really cute videos of Christmas morning, but I'll just post the few photos and screen shots of the videos that I have for now.



The boys still got to open some gifts from me and Hunter, Santa, and even from some of you! 

The highlights: Santa got our family a dart board!---it's become Hunter's new latest hobby. He's quite good actually. We googled the actual rules, and Hunter can deliberately throw a certain score, or throw a bulls eye when he wants to! So many hidden talents, this guy!


I bought Hunter an awesome, genuine cotton traditional African shirt. 


Hunter bought me a cool bag that he had sewn from a lesso. Inside was a matching scripture case and change purse. Lessos typically have a phrase written on the edge of them. Mine says "Nikikuona moo hutabasamu," which means "when I see you my heart smiles" or something like that. Isn't that sweet? I especially like that it has these cool stylized mangoes on the print--cuz I looooove mangoes!

Magra got the boys a hex bug battle bridge. It's awesome!

Paulo also got this cool little microscope/telescope from Joey.


It's actually quite cool! We've been looking at the surfaces of everything in our house! Did you know that if you look at your cell phone screen under a kid microscope, you can actually see the RGB colors? Bet you didn't. Sweet eh?

Andre loved his Simon game from Auntie Kami.


It was a wonderful day. But the best part, I will write in a separate post about Mama Wangare. Stay tuned.

No comments: