On Reyna's birthday, we woke up and gave her her first breakfast in bed. She was so cute.
She got to open the present that Paulo and Andre picked out for her. It was a walker. We've since learned that we have to be ultra careful to watch her now that she can put herself in danger more easily. I hunted down an electrician shop and bought covers for our electrical outlets. Thank goodness that's not a problem anymore.
Since we didn't have any family around to celebrate Reyna's birthday with us, we decided to do the next best thing and invite our surrogate family: Miriam and her family, Brother Karani, and my VT companion, Sister Ann, and her kids.
Here she is getting ready for the party:
We had a wonderful little birthday/Christmas party. When the kids arrived, we had them decorate some gingerbread cookies.
They were DIVINE!!! Then we ate a nice meal...
...and had a birthday cake for Reyna. We kept the tradition and decorated her first cake with her "Teddy Buppy" (I spell it "Bapi" and the kids spell it "Bupee", but whatever.)
In case you're still confused, this is what I'm talking about:
She loved it. It turned out to be the best buttercream frosting I've ever made. Yum!!!
Here the kids are playing Bop-it. Betty's quite a natural.
Happy Birthday, my little angel!!!! I can hardly believe it's been a year!





No comments:
Post a Comment