Surrounding our house is a cement and stone wall about ten feet high with hundreds of pieces of broken glass and bottles cemented into the top edge of the wall, and then on some sides, there are several rows of barbed wire above that. The only way to get into the property is through a red gate that has a series of latches and locks. You have to buzz to get in, and then Lenik lets you in if you're an expected guest.
Because we live on the top floor, we can see over this wall into the neighbor's property on the south side. Our neighbor lives on a little farm with geese, turkeys, chickens and goats. The property itself is pretty large to accommodate the animals, but the home is a small shack with walls made of mostly mud and some sticks and rocks. The roof is made from scraps of corrugated metal layered in such a way to hopefully keep out the rain.
I haven't met them yet, but I've observed that it's a family living there with parents who look about our age. They have a son who looks about Paulo's age, a daughter around Andre's age, and a son who's probably around two.
The other day, Hunter caught Paulo peering out the window for a really long time at their home,
and then he said, "Daddy, I want to do service. How can I help them?" I've been thinking about it, and I've decided I'm going to figure out how to make some kind of cookies or something, and muster up the courage to introduce ourselves. Then the kids can be friends. I'll let you know how it goes.
Because we live on the top floor, we can see over this wall into the neighbor's property on the south side. Our neighbor lives on a little farm with geese, turkeys, chickens and goats. The property itself is pretty large to accommodate the animals, but the home is a small shack with walls made of mostly mud and some sticks and rocks. The roof is made from scraps of corrugated metal layered in such a way to hopefully keep out the rain.
I haven't met them yet, but I've observed that it's a family living there with parents who look about our age. They have a son who looks about Paulo's age, a daughter around Andre's age, and a son who's probably around two.
The other day, Hunter caught Paulo peering out the window for a really long time at their home,
and then he said, "Daddy, I want to do service. How can I help them?" I've been thinking about it, and I've decided I'm going to figure out how to make some kind of cookies or something, and muster up the courage to introduce ourselves. Then the kids can be friends. I'll let you know how it goes.
2 comments:
Good boy Pow-Pow! Xo.
Staring out the windows is a fun activity when you're in culture shock! That would be awesome for Paulo to have a friend!
Post a Comment