9.10.2008

Labor Day at Malibu Beach





I am finally posting our pictures from Malibu beach. Apparently this beach is famous because you can often see dolphins swimming around in the afternoon, but we didn't see any this time. Our day on the beach was different from the usual experience. It was slightly cooler outside, warmer in the water, less windy, and the waves were much much bigger. Unfortunately you can't really tell from the pictures, but Hunter and I got to boogie board 5-8 foot waves. Most of time I just got slammed around while Hunter was able to catch every other wave. I guess he's a regular "surfer dude." I did successfully catch one wave, and it was FUN!

Paulo spent most of the time sitting on the lawn chair because he didn't like the feel of the sand on his feet. Eventually, we got him to play in the sand with his new friend, Gracie Gunn (daughter of Josh and Sheri Gunn, whose parents are in Hunter's home ward in Provo).

Andre slept in the little tent that our friends brought, and on the lawn chair. Not a bad way to spend time on the beach. It was relaxing, and yet, the next day my muscles ached from the 10 minutes of boogie boarding. I was quite proud of myself.

2 comments:

Penelope Celeste said...

Aiya! Kung Pao is soooo cute!!! EEEeeeeee!!!!

leilani said...

eeeeeee... that looks like alot of fun!