7.04.2014

Andre's 6th Birthday

What a weird 4th of July we had! I've really grown to appreciate our country being away from it.

My sweet Andre is 6 years old! Sometimes I look at him and I can't believe what a big, cool, funny, intelligent and responsible boy he's turning out to be.

Here he is in his barong Tagalog which Hunter bought in the Philippines during his deployment 11 years ago and has been saving for his sons to wear when they turn 6.


One thing you may not know about Andre is that he's a morning person. And as soon as he wakes up, he likes to eat a yummy breakfast--immediately! So our tradition of breakfast in bed is especially meaningful for my Andre-boy.



After school that day, we planned a small superhero/spiderman party at our house. Andre had invited a few friends from his class and his teacher, but unfortunately only one child showed up. I'm not sure if it's because it's Ramadan, or if it's because it's the end of the school year that people didn't come, but thankfully, Andre is a pretty easy-going, happy-go-lucky kind of kid. He was thrilled that his buddy, Mansoor came and dubbed him his "best friend".




For the activity, they played ninja and practiced different moves. That's what Andre wanted. 

My cake this time was kind of sad. I got way too rushed in decorating the cake, so that was all I had time for. Andre loved it though, because he specifically told me he likes chocolate sprinkles. Cool sparkler candles, though! Appropriate for Independence Day. 



Happy Birthday, Andre!!!

1 comment:

Steffy said...

Happy birthday Andre! I think his cake looks awesome.