[last week]
Paulo: Mama, where's Heavenly Father?
Me: He's in heaven.
Paulo: I love Him, Mama.
Me: Me, too, son.
Paulo: Mama, where's Jesus?
Me: Jesus is with Heavenly Father.
Paulo: I want to go with Heavenly Father, too.
Me: You can, son. One day we can go to Heavenly Father again.
[yesterday morning]
Paulo began complaining that his ears were bothering him. The discomfort quickly developed into pain. He's very sensitive when it comes to his ears, and the pain was in the ear that still has the tube in it. We got a flashlight and could actually see the tube inside. We wondered if it was beginning to fall out and was giving him discomfort. Well, Paulo kept crying badly from the pain. We gave him some medicine for the pain and Hunter promptly gave him a priesthood blessing.
Hunter: Paulo, do you believe in Jesus?
Paulo: Uh huh.
Hunter: Do you believe that Jesus can help your ear to feel better?
Paulo: Uh huh.
This is the first time Paulo has ever actually wanted a blessing (in the past he didn't understand it, and he didn't like having Hunter's hands on his head). Hunter gave Paulo a picture of Jesus to look at during the blessing. He blessed Paulo that the tubes would fall out naturally and soon, and that he would be comforted.
After the blessing Paulo was completely fine. Not a single complaint until later on that afternoon before taking him to the doctor to check it, (turns out the tubes are still in place, but he has an infection in that ear). I was impressed by the pure and simple faith that children have. Paulo is a remarkable child. He really observes and learns from things around him and remembers things. This is the type of experience he will remember. I am grateful that Heavenly Father rewarded the faith of my boy so that even this young, he can begin to know for himself that the power of the Priesthood is real and that Heavenly Father answers our prayers.
[tonight]
Paulo: Mama, you keep doing dishes and dishes and dishes and dishes and dishes and dishes and dishes and dishes and dishes and dishes.
Me: (laughing) I know. That's because we keep eating and eating and eating and eating and eating and eating.
Paulo: You have to do dishes again! I don't like that. That's too much!
Naturally I gave him a hug after that. It's so nice to be acknowledged by my children for the things I do...I also decided to take a break from the dishes. :)
1 comment:
yeah! thanks for adding me! you guys are so cute. and we miss you already :(
Post a Comment