1.25.2009

Rose Bowl Parade

New Years day is a BIG DEAL for the people of Pasadena. Residents usually campout on the rose bowl parade route from early on new years eve, do the countdown out there, and then stay for the parade the next morning. Hunter and I were lucky to be invited to join our friends, the Hicks, and their family who had reserved a spot for us to sit comfortable during the parade. The challenge for us, then, was finding a parking spot, and walking the couple miles to where they were sitting. It was totally worth it, though. The parade was awesome! All the floats are made out of flowers—and they were huge floats!


Paulo and Andre both enjoyed themselves. I was surprised that Andre didn’t cry from the loud noises like Paulo used to do. I guess his brother’s loud decibles have prepared him. Here he is plugging his ears (Yes, he was plugging his own ears. We just looked over, and he was doing that. Eeeee!)



1 comment:

Jordan and Katie said...

So did you see any bees trying to steal the Princess and the pea float at the Parade?