- Keep up on all the gospel doctrine readings
- Sew a few cool clothing items
- Develop more patience
So far so good. Hunter and I do the D&C readings in preparation for the Sunday school lessons, and it has been a good, meaningful time that we can look forward to in the evenings.
I’m excited to start sewing. I actually drove to the fashion district in downtown L.A. to buy some inexpensive fabric, but was overwhelmed when I saw blocks and blocks of stores with bolts of fabric just spilling out of the stores onto the sidewalks. So I didn’t buy anything that day. I’ll just go to JoAnn Fabrics and start with something simple.
I’m hoping to change the way I interact with Paulo. I’ve been working on my patience, and want to make significant, noticeable improvement this year. I especially want to develop self control by not raising my voice when disciplining. I have to be disciplined enough to teach him with a quiet and respectful tone. That way it won’t be hypocritical of me to ask the same of him.
As far as "unwritten" new year's resolutions go, I have the same ones I've had every year: exercise, eat less sugar, practice Tagalog...hmm what else?...I don't know, and that's okay, because they're not written.
No comments:
Post a Comment