By the way, someone was videotaping the rally, and interviewed both me and Hunter and will be posting it on YouTube. I will add the link once I know where he posted it......[the video never ended up on youtube...sorry folks].
11.03.2008
Yes on California Prop 8
Many of you have heard about the California measure, proposition 8, which aims to protect traditional marriage by defining marriage as between a man and a woman. It's a divided issue in California right now. In fact, it's a divided issue in our apartment building right now. We're the upstairs floor, and our neighbors downstairs are against it.
We've been volunteering much of our time recently with the campaign, making phone calls, taking around door hangers, and going to a rally. Here are some pictures:

It has been a whole family effort. The kids have been very well-behaved as we've volunteered. The night after this rally, I could hear Paulo chanting "Yes on 8, Yes on 8" in his room before falling asleep. So sweet.
Here you can sort of see that we had people on all corners at this busy intersection. There was tension in the air, but there was also definitely strength in numbers. Crazy stuff, eh? We'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm excited I get to vote.
By the way, someone was videotaping the rally, and interviewed both me and Hunter and will be posting it on YouTube. I will add the link once I know where he posted it......[the video never ended up on youtube...sorry folks].
By the way, someone was videotaping the rally, and interviewed both me and Hunter and will be posting it on YouTube. I will add the link once I know where he posted it......[the video never ended up on youtube...sorry folks].
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh. Paulo is so cute! "Yes on 8!" LOL. I SO want to see you on youtube btw. Don't forget to post it.
way to go guys, really doing your part to support!! It really makes you grateful to vote to make a difference in your community. We are so happy that prop 8 passed, what a huge blessing even though we know this will be challenged again.
You are your father's daughter. Reminds me of protesting on Parliament hill in Toronto (when I was young and politically active)
Dad
Post a Comment