11.17.2008

Primary Program

Sunday was the annual primary program in our ward. It's always fun to watch the children say their lines and also very touching to hear their beautiful songs. I knew many of the songs because we were in the process of learning them in our old Millcreek 6th ward when I was so fortunate to be primary president. It made me a little bit sad because I miss being in the primary. At the same time I'm glad I can enjoy Relief Society for the first time in a long time. Plus, I honestly don't think I could manage it with Andre.

The best part for me, though, was watching how Paulo responded to the primary program. He was so attentive. He knew some of the songs and would mouth the words at times. Half way through the program, he began to use the armrest on end of our pew as if it were a microphone, and he'd sing into it, and pretend to say lines when other kids were saying theirs, and then he'd stop when they stopped, and would sit down on the floor reverently folding his arms. He has to wait a whole other year before going into primary. By then he will be so ready and will know all the songs and stuff. He's so sweet. My son my son.

1 comment:

Selena said...

When Sam got up to say his lines in the Primary program he looked out and covered his face and refused to speak! Later when I asked him what happened he said, "they were all looking at me." The poor child!