9.25.2019

Philippines - Last Day

I was sad to miss the Sabbath in the Philippines, but we were anxious to get home to our kids and help them prepare for school. The flight home was long. We slept as much as we could to catch up with the time. After so much Filipino food, I was majorly craving a McDonalds burger, but when we stopped at the McDonalds in the Narita airport in Japan, they had such interesting menu items that we just had to try. Hunter got the teriyaki burger and I got a curry chicken sandwich. The burger was terribly small and thin and not good. The chicken sandwich was the opposite. Totally big, fried up perfectly and the curry on top was such a delicious addition. Well, now we know.

Our stopover in Portland was only an hour long and we were praying the whole time that we would be able to make our flight because we had to go through customs and then get our bags off the claim and then check them again at a transfer desk. We made it just in time and I was so grateful, but our luggage unfortunately did not. It got put on a later plane, so it took some time to sort that out in SLC. It wasn’t a bit deal though because they just delivered it to our house. 

It was SO good to see the kids again. Felix looked different. And he was walking around WAY more! I’m so grateful we were able to see his first steps before we left. I feel like that was a very specific answer to prayer. When we got home he was just cruising around, walking everywhere. I would have been so sad if I had missed that. I felt all recharged and ready to be a full-time Mommy again. The kids were very good and made me proud. And I was so grateful to Magra, Kami, Julie, Katie and Maren for all their help. Home sweet home.

No comments: