6.01.2014

Rainy Season

Seriously, when is it going to end? It takes two and a half days for my clothes to air-dry even under the roof where I put up my ropes.

The pictures don't do justice to the amount of water we're talking about, but you can at least see that the garden/planter box off our front patio is filled with water, like a small pond.


Sometimes the water comes up to the back door.


I wish I had a picture of the humongous puddle at the end of our street. It's so massive that it covers the entire intersection. It makes walking to and from school quite a challenge. Our shoes get really muddy.

Poor Hunter has to make his way to and from work on the piki piki in the unpredictable rains. Fortunately he has some rain gear. 

Most people who walk to and from work usually just wait under a tree or a building for the rain to lighten up before they continue on their way. The majority of pedestrians don't have umbrellas. Makes you grateful for the ease of riding in a car.


No comments: