6.15.2014

Reyna's First Steps

I know you've been dying to see this.

It started with Reyna standing on her own back in the spring time…thanks to my cell phone.


Then she started walking a few steps here and a few steps there. This night that you're about to see here, I put her down, and she made it clear that she didn't want me to hold her hand this time. And then when I put my hands out to encourage her to come to me, she did it! She just kind of threw herself forward and kind of walked while falling. It was so cute.

 




I think it's really interesting that Reyna really knows what she wants, and when she wants it. There was not really a way I could force this girl. She just likes to do things when she's ready. It reminds me very much of this book that we own called "Ruby in her own time," which we have packed away in our basement. It should be "Reyna in her own time."

Now she still is pretty cautious, but she now takes a good six deliberate steps (not the rushed, falling kind of steps) and that's as far as she wants to go for now. She's my late bloomer. And I love her.

No comments: