11.29.2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


Well, for the first time in my life, I hosted my own Thanksgiving dinner. We figured since we're moving in a few weeks, we shouldn't spend the money on traveling home for Thanksgiving.

Since there are just five of us, we made a mini feast. We made half recipes of our usual potato casserole and sweet potatoes. We made a nice salad and had stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce. Since I don't know how to cook a turkey, and I prefer chicken anyway, we simply bought a rotisserie chicken from Pavilions. It was so tender, and tasty, and so easy to reheat! :)

The best parts, I think, were Jon's delicious artisan french bread, and his apple pie. We've been so lucky to have Jon stay with us. We eat like kings. In fact we were worried that our Thanksgiving feast would just seem like any other feast we've made, but we were wrong. I feel like we put way more effort into this one. I was in the kitchen the majority of the day. Anyway, it was worth it.

This year I'm very thankful that Heavenly Father's been taking care of our family. I've literally seen example after example of this. Whenever we've had a need, Heavenly Father has provided for us with specific things. Just one example is my dear friend, Corina, who has been so generous to give us clothes for the boys. Just as soon as I would begin to notice the kids needed new sizes, Corina would show up to church with a new bag of clothes for us. And when I've needed a little extra help when things are busy, or when the kids are sick, dear friends have offered to lighten my load in different ways. I'm just very grateful, because I know Heavenly Father knows me personally, and that he answers my prayers--usually through the generous and inspired actions of latter-day "saints".

2 comments:

Havelah said...

Yoli, you have such a beautiful family! I love to see pictures of you and your boys, and remember how wonderful a friend you have been to us! Good luck with the move. Are you moving any closer to Utah?! (I am crossing my fingers here...)

The Clarks said...

How was the move??? Or, good luck with it soon! We will all have to get together when you are all moved in! So happy you are moving back! My email is c.clark10@gmail.com