I have two major pet peeves. 1. Ants. And 2. Dirty smelling towels. (Well…maybe three pet peeves. The third is when I'm talking to someone, and they don't respond or even acknowledge that they heard me…moving on…) It's only day 5 or so, and I think I'm going to have to come to terms with 1 and 2 because I have to deal with them EVERY DAY!
The ants here in this house, thankfully, are teeny tiny, but they are extremely fast, and if you so much as drop a crumb, the ants will go marching in no time. I hope I don't become certifiably obsessive compulsive after this year. I will say though, that I did actually help out some ants my first night in this house. I noticed a crowd of ants on the floor in our bathroom. At first I couldn't tell what they were so excited about. Later that day, I discovered that they were dragging what looked like a little lizard corpse which they had picked dry until it was just a skeleton, just an inch and a half long. And they tugged that thing from the floor up the wall like five feet, across the wall, and then out the window to someplace. I removed an obstacle from their path so they could get that thing out of there. Aren't I helpful?
The ants here in this house, thankfully, are teeny tiny, but they are extremely fast, and if you so much as drop a crumb, the ants will go marching in no time. I hope I don't become certifiably obsessive compulsive after this year. I will say though, that I did actually help out some ants my first night in this house. I noticed a crowd of ants on the floor in our bathroom. At first I couldn't tell what they were so excited about. Later that day, I discovered that they were dragging what looked like a little lizard corpse which they had picked dry until it was just a skeleton, just an inch and a half long. And they tugged that thing from the floor up the wall like five feet, across the wall, and then out the window to someplace. I removed an obstacle from their path so they could get that thing out of there. Aren't I helpful?
2 comments:
Aiyyyyyyyyyyyy. Just start naming the ants as "pets"... PS, AGREED re pet peeve: stinky towels...! Hang in there!!!
If you can get your hands on artificial sweetener, Splenda or whatever, the ants will treat it as sugar and take it back to the nest and feed it to the queen ant. But it doesn't digest the same as sugar and ends up killing the queen which is half the battle.
http://www.mnn.com/your-home/at-home/blogs/13-natural-remedies-for-the-ant-invasion
Post a Comment