Hunter and I were the only ones who didn't bring our kids with us. This was our first vacation without the kids. We were quite nervous and wondered if we should cancel, but we did it, and had so so so much fun. We made wonderful memories.
Here's a picture of the veteran's cemetary where he's buried. It was beautiful. The tropical fresh cut flowers just thrive in the wet climate, so all the graves had bright flowers when we got there even though it was weeks before Memorial Day. We picked some plumeria from the trees and spread them around. Pretty soon, the headstone will be in place.

Hukilau Beach with the Iosepa boat in the background. I must mention that the water was warmer than I remember any of the California beaches being. I could step in and get used to the water right away. The waves were perfect, so I was able to enjoy boogie boarding the whole time instead of being thrashed around like the first time I tried boogie boarding at Malibu.
Below are a few pictures of us at the Laie temple. We had an hour to kill. The huge lightning and thunder storm the night before threw off the temple schedule a little bit because I think they were trying to get the air conditioner working again or something. Our temples are beautiful aren't they?
My sisters-in-law and me by a mother-themed relief sculpture that you can hardly see.
We had so many wonderful experiences. Once we've all loaded up our photos, I'll have more stories and pictures to share. Aloha!
1 comment:
So exciting, Yoli! I hear Hawaii is a beautiful place. I wouldn't know. And I'm glad you got to go without the kids! Couples need that once in awhile!
Post a Comment