Here you can see his Dermatext Bracelets and his Mobile Tacticons.
concepthunter.com
He'll be updating it throughout the summer with all his thesis documentation. So, stay tuned.
I must say, it was so fun to see the exhibition go up over time. The room used to be one big empty room, and I was fortunate to be able to see the spaces go up little by little.
I got to help Hunter quite a bit on his exhibit, thanks to our good neighbors who watched the kids while I helped. I painted the walls grey, helped Hunter build a wall which separated his space from the one next to it (not pictured), and helped him put together his table. I spray painted the headphones to be white so they matched everything, and I sewed the straps that mounted the screens to the bottom of the table. I also sewed the casings for his Dermatext Bracelets (sadly, the only one that worked out was the test model with all the wires coming out of it. The updated one, which was supposed to operate wirelessly, I'm afraid I might have caused to go haywire when I was trying to bend the wires to fit in the casing that I sewed. Oh well. We just simply ran out of time, so we couldn't fix it. So other than that failure on my part, I was glad I could be of some help to Hunter. You know, he really has a brilliant mind. Most of the time, I can't help him get his ideas to production, but at least I could help him with the simple stuff.
I was able to be present at his final thesis review. First, the faculty and some students were able to preview the space.
Next came the presentation. Hunter delivered his ideas very clearly and his presentation went very smoothly.
The discussion portion afterward lasted the whole thirty minutes. It was eye-opening to be in a room with twenty faculty from Art Center--brilliant minds--all discussing amongst themselves different applications of my husband's ideas. No wonder Hunter felt like his head was going to explode on his first day of school almost two years ago. These people are incredible! We're fortunate to be associated with them...and it makes me proud that Hunter can hold his own around them.
2 comments:
I have a question...I don't get it! LOL! Can't wait to hear the deets! Congratulations Hunter!!!!!!!!!!!
still in awe about the whole thing, good job hunner!
Post a Comment