4.03.2010

Aspiring Designer

Hi, Folks! I decided to try my hand at being a designer. For the first time, I own a sketchbook and draw all my ideas inside. I find myself taking photos on our frequent walks around the block of things that inspire me--ordinary things that I usually pass by. I'm learning more about photography in the process, and how to use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

My sister-in-law Julie's sister-in-law, LaVon, has a vinyl lettering business she started a long time ago and it has since grown a lot. Well, LaVon was kind enough to "take a chance on me" and let me design for her.

I'm currently working to expand the "kids' room" category. Here are photos of my first two completed designs!



I also made a border out of the set of balls, but for some reason I can't load the photo. And the best news is, I had my first sale! Somebody bought "Lil Champ"! Somebody liked my work and bought it! Isn't that exciting? It's a great feeling. And I have to say, I like my designs, too. I'm proud of them.


So, go check it out at stickywords.net

5 comments:

leilani said...

Yosh! You're so talented! These really do look amazing! good job! xoxo.

Jordan and Katie said...

way to go, the designs look great. I love the airplanes, trains, cars and boats b/c that's what we've decorated with in our boys room, it would go perfectly! Keep up the great work.

Julie said...

GO Yoli!

Christy said...

That's awesome, Yol! But do you really need more proof of how amazing you are?!?!

gunnfam said...

Oh my...they are adorable!