2.02.2009

Where Dreams Come True

You'll never guess where we got to go last week...Disneyland!!! Hunter's long-time friend, Dave Malan, who works for Disney, and his wife, Natalie, called us to tell us they were in town and they invited us to go with them for free! We knew this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so we adjusted our schedules and drove the less than an hour trip to Anaheim.

I think the fact that our admission was free made our day very relaxed and enjoyable. We didn't feel the pressure of seeing and doing everything. I had never been there before, so I had no expectations. Here are some photos of our memorable day:

DISNEYLAND


Paulo's and Andre's first ride ever.



Paulo's first encounter with Mickey, and you know what he said-- "No! I don't like him!"

Toon Town is so cool. Everything looks like a cartoon--the cars, the buildings, even the surrounding hills.Paulo shooting the laser on the Buzz Lightyear ride.

CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE

A Bug's World


Hahaha. That's a pretty good imitation, Andre!


Pixar Parade

This was literally a dream come true. Look who was coming...

...THE Lightning McQueen! This, by far, was the highlight of my trip.

This parade was awesome. We saw characters from Cars, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., AND we even saw...


Uncle Tyler! Or was it Uncle Joey? Anyway, funny eh?


And just when we thought it couldn't get any better...
Mater. Eee! Paulo was so happy.

This was the Toy Story ride. Mr. Potato Head was talking to us.

The trip was so amazing. Aside from the Pixar Parade, Hunter's favorite part was our visit to Tomorrow Land, where we saw a REAL humanoid robot, made by Honda, named ASIMO. It was pretty amazing. You really should check out this website: http://asimo.honda.com/ The "ASIMO TV" part is very impressive, too.

We also got to go on the Jungle ride, visit the Tiki Room, and see the Fantasmic show at the end with all the Disney Characters and fireworks. Andre, amazingly, slept through the whole thing. Paulo started to get scared from the loud noises, so Daddy took him to watch it from within a store. I was so excited to see all the characters I loved growing up.

This was quite possibly the most fun day we've ever had as a family. We still talk about how special it was. I love seeing the smile on Paulo's face as he recalls all the cool things we did that day. Such a grateful kid. Such a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Selena said...

OML! I'M SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!! How fun! The pics are SO cute. EEEE!!! I took my kids to the circus with Lan and Elias and there was one point where they were all crying. I just didn't have enough money to appease them that day...GGGRRR! Be grateful for your grateful kids. ;P

Anonymous said...

Haha!!! Why am I not surprised C? Haha jk. This looks like it was soo much fun!!! Fur Jealousies! I like the picture of you with Paulo on the train and the picture of Andre immitating the bug eeEE!!

Christy said...

How stinky fun!! We want to take Daisy so bad, but money is such an obstacle. What a blessing for you guys! And I love your hair, Yol!!

Julie said...

nothing beats a family vacation, filled to the brim with unforgettable memories. sooo fun!

Penelope Celeste said...

OH MY LICK YOSHI!!!!!

That is so, sooooo cool you got to go to Disneyland as a fam! EEEEeee Paulo looks SO HAPPY in all the pics! Andre too! HOW FUN!!!

Love you all, and big hugs and kisses!

Pentium xox

natalie malan said...

Aw your pics look sooo good! I have never seen the cars parade! who knew? I'm glad you guys had a good time; it was fun to have little peeps that could go on all the same rides I could! hahahha dave and his teenage cousins didn't want to wait for mrs. prego to ride any of the non scary ones, so the day with you guys was by far the funnest of our trip for me!