12.06.2008

How I Got Paulo To Eat Veggies

...Actually, I didn't really get him to eat them--he sort of decided to on his own. This video clip of Yo Gabba Gabba certainly helped:





...haha...but also, I've had to be super creative and laid back about it. (By laid back, I mean, act like eating vegetables is normal, and don't hover while he tastes it. Also, don't make a big deal if he doesn't like it at first.) One day we read a book about rabbits, so that day, I made us some rabbit food. I arranged five of the smallest leaves that you find at the center of a head of romaine lettuce in a line from smallest to largest, and then put a dollop of dip on the side. He totally ate it up.

I find the best way for me to get our family to eat vegetables is to prepare a whole bunch of raw veggies, and some ranch from the Hidden Valley seasoning packet, and our veggies are gone in no time. Recently he asked for broccoli "trees". So I bought those. Today, I cut up a bunch of broccoli, carrots, and something new--cucumber. I told him that if he bites the cucumber slice, he can make a moon. So he started doing that, and seriously porked on the rest of the cucumber.




Sigh. I guess today's been a pretty successful day.


1 comment:

Julie said...

i'm sending solomon over to your house---you could get him to try some veggies for sure.